When it comes to kids the whole “how-was-your-summer-convo” is pretty much nonexistent. The first thing your long lost BFF is going to say on the first day of school? “Hey! Let me check out your new backpack!” This is “important things”, people. While images of the classic monogrammed LL Bean floods my memory along with the caboodles and smushed peanut butter and jelly sandwiches of yesteryear, backpacks have come a long way. Function meets seriously cool. I sat down with my boys to shop for backpacks so they can flaunt their back candy like the best of them. Here is a round up of our favorite seriously cool backpacks for kids. Can you guess which one mine are swooning over? Hint: rhymes with “thunder charmer”.
- Classic Lands End – Super durable with reflective trim. Loop for lunch box among other bells and whistles. The modern version of your throwback favorite.
- Hershel Supply Co. – The happiest print for happy school days with the signature Hershel striped interior lining. Huge fan of this brand – I have the adult version for traveling.
- Under Armour – The perfect pack for our little student/athletes. According to my upcoming 2nd grader, this backpack is the END.
- Skip Hop – FUN! Just like preschool should be. All of my kids doned this one in their earliest school years.
- State – A bag with a social conscious. As if the neon/army green combo wasn’t cool enough, State hand delivers a backpack loaded with school essentials to a child in need in the US for EVERY backpack purchased.
- Hershel Supply Co. Camo – Understated cool.
- The North Face Vault – The all in one you’ve been looking for. From lugging text books to hiking to sleepovers. This is it.
- Pottery Barn Classic – Has it all and comes in 4 sizes including a rolling version for the I-got-stuck-with-the-homework-crazy-teacher. Oh, and for those rainy days at the bus stop…. waterproof!