With two weeks left on the clock (fingers crossed) I have been prepping for GO TIME! I have heard from my village that having a bag packed and ready to go is a must do. Not only will it make you feel that much more prepared/calm (is that even a first-time mom thing?), but there are a few items that are really nice to have from home while staying in the hospital. So what have I packed in my baby hospital bag so far? Let’s check out my must haves:
- Cozy sweats //A tank with easy.. uh.. nipple access.. is a definite and some super soft sweat pants and a comfy nursing bra.
- A wrap or robe // whichever you prefer to keep warm.
- Comfortable underwear // although depending on birth process you may want to save your undies and stick with what the hospital provides…..
- Easy slippers // to scoot around in.
- Toiletries // including a toothbrush and hair ties.
- Digital Camera // this is a MAJOR life event so the photos better be good! This one comes highly recommended and user friendly (even for first time dads like deer in headlights).
- iPad // for staying in touch or to help distract from the pain.
- Baby’s first outfit // I chose neutral colors since what I am having is a surprise! And of course a cozy bunting to go home in and a cute hat for first photos.
- Cute carryall // something large enough to hold all the goods!
- Car seat // doesn’t quite fit in the bag, but you can’t leave the hospital without one of these!
Ok, so now’s the time where you give this first time mom allllll of the advice…..