Hi everyone! First, I wanted to thank you all for your amazing words of congrats on the birth of my daughter. We are so in love and soaking up all of these first moments. I’ll be sharing more soon (nursery photos and postpartum essentials etc…), but wanted to pop in to share this post that I started when I was VERY pregnant and craving to wear normal clothes again. I am sure every pregnant woman can relate! I created a spring wardrobe wishlist of sorts that includes a mixture of basic wardrobe essentials and some on-trend fun. Image is clickable!
Abby’s Spring Wardrobe Wishlist:
- Anything with ruffles! Tops, dresses, shorts, skirts you will find this feminine flare everywhere. If there is a trend to try and that is easily accessible, this is the one.
- Pink accessories: From shoes to shades pink is the new black. Of course this post wouldn’t be complete without some pink statement earrings.
- Easy pullover: Put away your heavy winter sweaters for something more transitional. A slouchy top over slim jeans is the easiest bus stop outfit.
- Off the Shoulder EVERYTHING: Shoulders have never been so in! A casual black dress is taken to the next level with a little shoulder show.
- Denim Alternative: Take a risk this season with a new pant shape. There are so many options for all different shapes: Crop, Wide Leg or Jogger. The chino or cargo is an easy alternative to your everyday denim.
- The not so basic blouse can be updated with a spring version. To balance all the ruffles I love this more masculine popover that is patched together.
- White denim: Although I believe you can break the rules and wear white denim all year long, make sure to take these out of hiding if you haven’t already 🙂 I love this pair of distressed white denim.
- Jumpsuits are having a moment. There are so many versions, but I love the printed ones that can easily replace a dress. Also for those of you in your fourth trimester I think jumpsuits are a great alternative to dresses for events or even everyday!
- The stripe tee: This one seems like a no brainer 🙂
- The utility jacket: Swap out your cardigans or winter coats for an easy spring transitional jacket. I like the military look of this jacket to balance a feminine dress.
- Skirts: The cherry on top! Since the boom of the pleated midi skirt there have been so many varieties of skirts for spring. If you are not a pants person, try out a mini or midi skirt to shake up your every day look.
How to wear it:
Easy Pullover with Cargo Pant
Patchwork Popover with White Denim
Printed Jumpsuit with Utility jacket
Off the shoulder dress with Statement earring
Stripe Tee tucked into Ruffled Skirt
Ruffled top with white denim and pink shoe!
Lindsey’s Spring Wardrobe Wishlist:
- The Pullover: Easy pullover sweater (a little shoulder action is bonus!)
- Not so basic tee: this one has an effortless front tuck vibe
- Denim alternative: wear these joggers to run errands in style OR even with heels for date night (sooo chic!)
- A flirty skirt to dress up or down: Love this one with a half tucked white tee or sleeveless shell for work.
- Pink accessories: tassel earrings are having a major moment, or go subtle with rose gold shades.
- Utility jacket: must be good if Abby and I picked the same one!
- White denim: a basic, polished pair at a great price point.
- Something striped: an easy way to brighten your look. Love the playful embellished lady bug on this one.
- Neutral sandal: and preferably one you can walk in. This peep toe is perfection.
How to Wear:
Flouncy Skirt with simple tee and tassel earrings
Easy pullover with white denim and peep toe sandal
Fresh stripes under utility jacket
Not-so basic tee with denim alternative joggers and rose gold shades
More spring wardrobe picks that caught our eye….
And don’t worry… a full post on SHORTS is coming soon!!!