10. Your white noise machine will run 24/7 because you will be so immune to hearing hooting, hollering, screaming and yelling that silence will totally freak you out.
9. You’ll learn to feed yourself your own bottle at an early age because your mom will have “her hands full”…… But, don’t worry, she won’t rush you into giving it up so fast. Your mom will realize that if you’re happy, she shouldn’t mess with a good thing. She knows you won’t go to college with the bottle. She’ll have other bottles to worry about then.
8. Your interactive books will probably look like this:
7. If you’re older sibling gets a treat, you are likely to weasel your way into getting one too. By the time you are 12 months old, you’ll probably be able to show your friends where mommy keeps the cookies.
6. You’ll get used to wearing hand-me-downs but, wearing your brother’s initials??? Come on, MOM! NEWSFLASH, my name doesn’t start with a “J”. Not. Even. Close.
5. You won’t have to worry about waiting 5 hours for your parents to cut your meals into teeny, tiny little pieces. They’ve given up on that because by now they know how to do the heimlich.
4. Your older sibling will often be asked to supervise you when your mom needs to do things like go to the bathroom, change the laundry, make dinner etc…. Apparently your new-ness will make your two year old brother seem like a teenager in her eyes.
3. If your older siblings went to mommy-and-me classes at Gymboree when they were your age, well, you can forget that! You’ll go grocery shopping for mommy-and-me time.
2. You probably won’t have a baby book, but your mom will make lots of “mental notes” to document important milestones. She will promise to get one before she forgets everything, but don’t hold your breathe.
1. You will rarely ever get your parents undivided attention, but by no means are you ignored………..
This is your normal.
And that’s it. Those are 10 things you can expect as the youngest sibling.
Oh, and psst! You can find me featured today over on…..