Ok so the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is in FULL SWING! I avoided it for days because of its overwhelmingness. Yesterday I got over my issue and took a peek. Yep. Overwhelming. The price reductions are pretty sweet, but the selection of items is even sweeter. So I did whatever I do when I feel overwhelmed and I called my mom. She asked me to make a list of things I liked/needed/wanted/had-to-have-but-didn’t-really-need-but-really-want….. and I couldn’t do it. TOO MANY OPTIONS people. So then, I reached out to my peoples. My favorite fashion peoples: Abby and Kaytlynn – the very official Sisters to Sons style correspondents. I asked them to pick a few “must-have” items and to send me links. I needed a place to start and their guidance was necessary. Thirty minutes later, they both responded with ridiculous picks AND style notes to boot. I really have the best peoples. So here are our collective picks for WOMEN at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Click on the arrows to page through each item and check out the style notes below. When I read the words of wisdom from style icons like Abby and Kaytlynn, well, it all just seems to make sense! Men, Kids, and Baby post is coming soon… stay tuned!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase items through my site I will get a small commission – like I might be able to buy half a shoe. I appreciate all of your support!
1. Trouve Textured Striped Crewneck Sweater: Basic, everyday essential. Pair with skinny jeans and boots or flats. Done and done. (Lindsey’s Pick)
2. Pleione Mixed Media Tunic: This is one of those “Thursday night out dinner with girlfriends” kind of tops. Am I right? (Lindsey’s Pick)
3. Kate Spade Branton Square Emerald Studs: I am sort of boring when it comes to SAHM fashion. I love jeans, a white tshirt and a little somethin’ somethin’. These studs give you that little pop of color just where you need it. (Lindsey’s Pick)
4. Autumn Cashmere Draped Front Zip Sweater: This is the splurge item. This sweater seems like the perfect layering piece for fall and the look completely changes depending on whether it’s left open or zipped to create a more bustling styled look. I’m a sucker for consumer reviews and while this one doesn’t have many, the one it does have is kind of a selling point – Similar to Helmut Lang.” (Kaytlynn’s Pick)
5. Topshop Cutaway Wrap Back Shell: I went from sitting on cloud nine talking about those caged booties to near tears when I saw this shell. I just cashed in so many pennies for a very similar (much more expensive) white shell and not only is this price tag much more suitable, but I think I actually like the shape better (mine was from an old city boutique and non-returnable, obviously). This is definitely a piece that screams summer over fall, but throw a burnt orange cardigan over it next season and you’re good to go (or just soak up the last of your summer weeks and then pack it away for as a surprise to yourself next April). (Kaytlynn’s Pick)
6. Hinge Dresden Caged Leather Bootie: I know, my necessities include way too many shoes. Welcome to my closet. These are too good to pass up for me. Why would you wear boots with cut outs when the very point of a boot is to keep your toes warm? I’m not entirely sure, but I don’t hate it. Don’t ask questions, just run with it (I might not recommend running in this actual shoe…). I love them. (Kaytlynn’s Pick)
7. Jolt Boucle Moto Jacket: I also love this option if you already have a staple leather jacket so might be looking for something with a little twist. (Kaytlynn’s Pick)
8. Treasure & Bond Quilted Leather Moto Jacket: As much as I love summer, these are the pieces that get me excited for fall. A perfect leather jacket is kind of a necessity and I love the crossover cut of this one. You can’t go wrong with black but I think the tan is a perfect transition piece for summer to fall and even winter to spring. Pair this puppy over jeans and a button down or dress it up over a gauzy sundress, it’s the easiest solution to layering perfection. (Kaytlynn’s Pick)
9. Marlie Calf Hair Pointy Toe Pump: These are your tried and true staple. Just like the little black dress, I’m a firm believer in never having too many “little” black shoes. The d’Orsay is classic cut that’s always going to be relevant and the calf hair adds a little bit of edge (if you’re tired of the basic black, opt for the leopard and pair it with another print). (Kaytlynn’s Pick)
10. Bar Pendent Necklace: I love the look of a bunch of simple layered necklaces and a bar necklace really breaks up the consistency of several pendent necklaces that all fall in the same shape. This one is an extra bonus because you can personalize it. I ordered one recently that says “TenFore” for our wedding date (October 4th) but also as a nod to the fact that we’re getting married on a golf course (Fore) – it will probably take a lot of explaining to questioning friends but I love the sentimentality and practicality of it. Also love the look of Roman numerals on these necklaces to celebrate the important days in your life. (Kaytlynn’s Pick)
11. Alexis Bittar Cuff: Splurge item! this cuff is THE END!! i just love it! (Abby’s Pick)
12. Yummie Tummie Shaping Short: Great to wear under dresses or skirts without feeling exposed! (Abby’s Pick)
13. Paige Denim Skyline Ankle: Classic jean! I love the higher rise on this jean, so that you can bend over and pick up your kids with no fear of your thong..er i mean underwear.. hanging out! (Abby’s Pick)
14. Kiehl’s Creme de Corp: My all time favorite, worth the $$! (Abby’s Pick)
15. Steve Madden Nyrvrana Boot – I love buying boots in the summer! that way when the cold comes i feel super prepared! these are a wear now/wear later bootie. Wear with a short summer dress now, wear with skinny jeans and oversize sweater later! (Abby’s Pick)
16. Frye Patti Riding Bootie: Beautiful! (Lindsey’s Pick)
18. Hinge Cable Knit Sweater: Bundling up seems like a far off distant thought. But wearing something as cozy/cute as this makes it not such a terrible future. (Lindsey’s Pick)
19. Hudson Jeans Collette Skinny Jeans: To me, these are the perfect jean. Perfect wash, perfect, rise, perfect cut. Just perfect. (Lindsey’s Pick)
20. Nike Internationalist Sneaker: (not pictured above) I know, they’re sneakers so they’re automatically not as glamorous and perhaps not as excited as new designer jeans or a chic pair of flats, but don’t underestimate these! If JCrew has taught us anything it’s the power of simplicity… and the power of mixing prints, and the value of dressing the first lady… okay, JCrew has taught us a lot. But flip through any Crew catalog and you’re sure to see a few notable pages of clean cut ladies looking their best in a button down, cargo jacket, baseball hat and sneakers. There’s something effortlessly beautiful about pairing a decent sneaker with some basics and throwing your hair in a ponytail. These are practical and I’m loving the grey/iron green for fall (not to mention they’re cheap!). (Kaytlynn’s Pick)
Well, friends. Hopefully we narrowed it down for you a bit. You can shop the rest of the #nsale HERE. Tell me…. what is on your list??!!