Well, now I’ve been blogging for about a year and a half and it’s gotten to the point where there are a few other people who read my blog besides my mom, my sisters, and a few friends. For the most part, I have no clue who reads my posts except if you “like” or comment or share etc… which of course I always love! It makes me feel like someone else out there gets whatever it is I am saying. But back to my point. In an attempt to humanize this random lady who write a mom-blog, because that is what I might be to some of you, I figured I’d dedicate a post to telling you a little about myself. Here goes….
25 Things You Might Not Know About Me:
1. I believe life is better when there is some sort of baked good in my house. I aim to have one on the counter at all times. (Right now it is my mom’s homemade biscotti)
2. I’m not sure what my real hair color is because I have been dying it since 7th grade.
3. I’ve had braces….. twice.
4. My husband proposed to me when I was wearing braces. (Now that is love….)
4. I talk to my mom everyday usually before the hour of 8 am.
5. I still refer to my parents as “mommy” and “daddy” – “mom” and “dad” just don’t sound right for some reason.
6. I love food, but really, really, really don’t like cooking.
7. My favorite dinner is Tuna Casserole and usually request it on my birthday.
8. People ask me when I find the time to blog. I do it at night when my husband works late (which is pretty much every night), and sometimes during nap time if the stars align.
9. I have 4 sisters and I couldn’t ask for better ones! I admire my sister Abby’s open-mindedness, work ethic and also her personal style – I am jealous that she can pull off anything. I admire my sister Liz’s cooking ability and how she makes parenting 4 kids look easy. I admire my sister Casey’s drive, decisiveness, and confidence and I wish my house was as clean as hers. I admire my sister Rachel’s wisdom beyond her years and think she is the nicest person on earth.
10. I snore. Especially when I am sick or pregnant. When I am sick AND pregnant, my husband says I sound like semi-truck.
11. I am 32. (3 months OLDER than my husband. He loves that.)
13. I am allergic to exercise – literally, and have an epi-pen just in case… My diagnosis is “Exercise Induced Anaphylaxis” and gluten is my trigger.
14. I look up to my parents for everything.
15. I absolutely dread matching socks.
16. I have a dog (a puggle) but most people don’t know that because she lives with my parents most of the time. I consider myself to be a person who can juggle a lot, but trying to walk her with my three kids is just dangerous.
17. I get asked a lot if I am going to “go for the girl”. Truth be told, I love being surrounded by boys and being the only girl. So…. I guess, no. I am not.
17 (b). Am I done having kids? Maybe, maybe not. I am waiting for a sign.
18. I love my kids to pieces, but I do not like playing “make-believe” games with them. I never say the right thing. The games never end. I am not good at pretending to be a bear. I would MUCH rather spend time with them doing something active, or playing a game… or best yet… watching them play TOGETHER!
19. I usually know what I like when I see it except when it comes to picking nail polish colors. I am really bad at that.
20. I am so obsessed with jeans that my husband give me cost perspectives based on how many pairs of jeans things would amount to.
21. My favorite time in life is when I am sitting around the table with family, drinking wine, listening to musics and spending time together.
22. I love when my kids ask for Mac and Cheese for lunch…. I eat whatever is left right out of the pot.
23. I drink one cup of coffee in the morning and one (maybe 2) glasses of wine – one for my heart, and one for my sanity- at night and in between I only drink water.
24. I married my high school boyfriend and have been with him for more than half of my life – he is the smartest, cutest, most hard working person I know….. and my boys absolutely adore him (and he will probably get mad at me for being mushy in public). I am so glad that he dug my denim overalls, velvet shirt, and braces when he asked me to be his girlfriend in 9th grade- I couldnt imagine my life any other way.
25. All of my sons have birthdays in April which means I have only ever gotten pregnant in July. It’s July 29th….. and, no mom, I’m not pregnant.
Ok, now it’s your turn. Leave a comment and tell me something about you! Give me something… anything!