Here are 5 things that I am NOT.
5. I am not vocally gifted.
4.. I am not an DIYH (do in your head) mathematician.
3. I am not as patient as I should be with kindergarten homework.
2. I am not ever one to pass up a manicure, a baked good, or a good glass of wine.
1. I am not hippie/crunchy.
…. or at least I didn’t think I was until this one day I started using essential oils. Is that hippy/cruncy? I think it might be? Any who, just when you think you really know yourself and what you are and what you’re not, your dabbing oil on the soles of your feet, dropping them in your water and snorting them up your nose and you know what, I blame it on the kids. I can’t sleep. I have headaches. And at some point I became so desperate that I was online ordering essential oils to get my life back in order.
And ok. You got me. I’m hooked.
Let me introduce you to my friends:
And crazy enough, a few weeks ago Christine from doTERRA reached out and asked if I wanted to sample the doTERRA Intro Kit and I was all like “Been there, loved that” and theeeen I was like, “Why has it taken me so long to tell you guys about essential oils???” So anyway, better late than never, right?
Here is what I bought and how I’m using them and Christine, our oily expert, has some personal recommendations for crazy, stressed out moms and the little ones too. And a giveaway. Because after you read all this “magic”, I’m pretty sure you’re going to want to try it out for yourself.
– Dab it on the soles of your feet before bed and a drop on your pillow then bring on the zzzz. Same for your kids! (a must have for any sleep deprived mom or nap resisting threenager.)
– A little drop on minor cuts, scrapes, bug bites or burns starts the healing process and helps with inflammation.
– Whether you had a late Friday night or are pregnant and can’t take anything other than Tylenol, a few dabs of peppermint on the temples does the trick…(and yes, my non-believer husband even admitted this works)
– You know when your kid has a tummy ache and there are really no medicines out there for tummy aches? It’s a pickle. But a few drops of peppermint mixed with a tablespoon of coconut oil rubbed on their belly does the trick every time. Bad Chinese? Same prescription for you.
– Sore muscles? Put a few drops of peppermint into your favorite lotion and massage onto affected area.
– I start every day off with a big glass of water infused with a few drops of lemon. It’s detoxifying and helps me drink more water because it’s not as boring as plain water.
I’m not kidding when I say there are over 100 uses for these three oils.
(to Shop for any of the oils listed below, click here, then navigate to “Oil Blends”)
Balance (Grounding Blend)–
For those moments of disconnectedness or anxiety. The warm, woody aroma of Balance, dōTERRA’s grounding blend, promotes tranquility and a sense of balance.
Serenity (Calming Blend)–
Serenity is a blend of essential oils with known calming properties which create a sense of well-being and relaxation. Apply a bit to the bottom of the feet at bedtime or add to a warm bath.
Elevation (Joyful Blend)–
Elevation is the perfect blend for those moments when you need to be revitalized. It elevates the mood and increases vitality.
For the Family:
OnGuard (Protective Blend)–
OnGuard is dōTERRA’s unique, proprietary blend formulated to support healthy immune function. It is also a safe, non-toxic way to clean counter tops or to clear the air by diffusing.
Breathe (Respiratory Blend)–
When applied topically to the chest, back, or bottom of feet this proprietary blend of laurel leaf, peppermint, eucalyptus, melaleuca, lemon, and ravensara cleanses and soothes the airways. It can also be diffused in the air to help promote a more restful sleep.
Of course you are. That’s why Christine is offering up the Intro Kit (5mL bottles of lemon, lavender and peppermint) AND some bonus goodies including a Citrus Bliss Bath Bar, a rollerball filled with carrier oil & samples of Deep Blue Rub & OnGuard toothpaste. Plus some informational booklets & resources. Please check out Christine’s online wellness store to learn more about essential oils and to purchase online.
*I am not a doctor and am not sharing medical advice. These statements are based on personal research and experience.
*This post was sponsored by doTERRA Philly. All opinions are my own.