There is nothing earth shattering here, my friends, but sometimes it just helps to hear someone else say it. The 10 day forecast in beautiful Pennsylvania is comparable to sitting through an episode of Caillou. Pretty painful. It’s the potential for warmer temps that makes this time of year so difficult. I mean 40 is better than 20, but 60We are so close, yet so far…..To help us get through these last few days (hopefully days and not weeks) of winter temps, I’ve compiled a list of 11 instant mood boosters to get us to spring!
1. Wear yellow. Why? Because it is the happiest color that ever lived.
2. Clean out your car, or better yet, take it in to get detailed. When the people at the car place cringe, blame it on the fact that your husband used your car to take the kids around over the weekend. Boy does that ever do a number on you car??!
3. Listen to music. And bop your head. And sing aloud. Yes, all three must be completed simultaneously for the optimal effect.
4. Throw 10 things away.
5. Wash your shower curtain because, honestly, when was the last time?? Trust me on this one, you will feel very accomplished once this is taken care of.
6. Buy yourself something for spring. Like these girlfriend jeans. If boyfriend jeans never did it for ya, then these are the answers to all of your prayers. Because I know there is more than one person out there that wished boyfriend jeans would just go away. But girlfriend jeans, slightly more fitted, are something to celebrate.
Yellow AND girlfriend jeans – mood boosting to the max.
7. Go for a run – outside. Bundle up and just do it. Vitamin D and blood pumping is an unstoppable combination. When you’re done, I highly doubt you’ll regret it. Highly.
8. Throw away 10 more things.
9. Rearrange something in your house.
9. Hold your kid’s hand and savor the moment. With all the bad stuff that happens in the world, for a moment (or 10 moments), appreciate what you have.
10. Do a group hug. My kids love this and ask for one daily. We had a spontaneous family group hug this weekend and my husband looked at me and deemed it “the moment of the month”. <3
11. Buy yourself flowers. The tulips on my counter make me happy every single day.
What things do you do to boost your mood?
Share this with a friend (or just like it) and spread the mood boosting love!