When my husband and I went on our sans-kids trip to Miami, the bartender at one of the restaurants pulled out his own personal stash of watermelon (reserved for special guests,*ahem*…. the couple sitting next to us) and curated a cocktail with a surprising blend of flavors: watermelon and… jalepeno? Apparently we were not so subtle in our interest and he gave us a sample as well. Refreshing on the front end, spicy on the back end. A seriously cool cocktail that needed to be recreated.
Sip, smile, then SHARE!! 😉
P.P.S. Wondering about that awesome glass? It’s THE best – shatterproof, grip-able and seriously cute.
- 1 cup watermelon cubed
- juice from half a lime (plus more for garnish)
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- a few sprigs of cilantro
- 1 jalepeno
- 1-2oz. tequila
- blueberries for garnish (optional
- In a tall glass add watermelon, jalepeno, raw sugar, and cilantro
- With a muddler or back of a wooden spoon, muddle the ingredients to infuse the flavors. Mash the watermelon as best as possible
- Then add lime juice and tequila (1-2 ounces based on preference)
- Pour mixture into shaker full of ice and shake well.
- Using a strainer, pour the liquid into a glass over ice.
- Garnish with lime, jalepeno, and blueberries
Pin for later (or now!)