When you become a mom, you also become a magnet for the question, “Help! I need a baby gift? What is your go-to gift?” And if the answer “a good bottle of wine and a list of trusty babysitters” doesn’t qualify as sufficient, I figured I would share some of my favorite gifts to give. When I think back to the new mom/new baby stage, the gifts that meant the most to me were either a) useful, b) sentimental, or c) something I wouldn’t buy for myself, but made me smile. With those “parameters” in mind, here we go:
1. Something Useful – Hands down one of the most useful “baby things” I own are my Aiden and Anais blankets. From swaddles to nursing covers, to that perfect extra layer of blanket – they are versatile and super soft. In fact, they get softer each time you wash them. And I’ve never tried these before, but they just came out with a layette in their signature fabric. I’m sure it’s good.
2. Something Themed – Bath (toys, cleansers, towels, washcloths etc…), or feeding (sippies, baby cookbooks, utensils, food scissors, bibs etc…)
3. Something Sentimental – a sweet graphic onsie, growth stickers, locally inspired tshirts (great for siblings too!)
4. Something to Grow Into – Because we all know how fast they grow! Do the seasonally appropriate math based on the baby’s birthday and gift a cozy, warm jacket, a spring/summer raincoat, or a special occasion sweater.
5. Something for Mom – Nursing cover (that doubles as a scarf!!), mommy hook, or even activities/games to keep older siblings busy during feeding times 😉
And for the local readers, you are in luck! The Play Cafe, located in the heart of Bryn Mawr, recently opened their very own “Marketplayce” where you can find all of these great baby gifts and more. Um, shop while your kid plays? Genius.
Play Cafe owner, Lauren, has truly outdone her self in her selection of merchandise. As a mom of three, I would say she hit the nail on the head! Perusing through her store is so much more fun than hauling all of my kids to the mall or waiting days for something to come from an online order. And for those who still need help deciding what to buy, Lauren has created gift baskets for all price ranges.
Oh, and were was my little one while I was ooo-ing and ahh-ing over the Marketplayce?
Just keep on shopping, Mom! It’s all good.
Huge thank you to the Play Cafe for inviting me to come in to check out their new Marketplayce and for sponsoring this post. All opinions are, as always, my own, including the choice to leave my child (semi) unattended. But in my defense, he did build the fort of his dreams.
And to kick off the holiday shopping season (can you believe it’s already November?!), The Play Cafe is extending a 20% discount on your purchase for anyone who shops and mentions Sisters to Sons. This amazing offer ends November 16th so make plans to stop in asap!