It doesn’t get much more refreshing than to turn onto your street to discover that spring is in full bloom. Little white buds, pops of green and yellow starting to peek out from the ground, from the trees… it’s instantly mood boosting, right? But why should the outdoors have all of the fun? I like to springify (<– new word) the inside of my house too. The formula is quite simple.
Three steps to freshen up your home for spring:
- Open your windows every morning (even if only briefly) to let the fresh air do it’s job.
- Say yes to tulips and daffodils and daisies…. they do wonders on a countertop.
- Sprinkle happy pops of color throughout your home.
And you can bet I have some “suggestions” for happy pops of color that won’t break the bank. All of this happiness is under $49 (most are a lot less)…..
1. Got a bookshelf? It needs this irresistible clock.
2. Your bed? How about a new throw pillow that packs a punch?
3. And the couch pillows? Yes, we are talking about you too. Try this one.
4. And when is the last time you replaced your powder room waste bin?
5. This hand towel has spring written all over it.
6. Swap out the heavy fabric throws for something light and colorful. The fringe tassel is just an added bonus 😉
7. Make tubby time SO FRESH and so clean.
8. Welcome visitors with a vibrant “HELLO“.
9. And don’t forget about your walls. A framed pop of yellow screams ‘spring’ and is known to brighten moods. The mantra doesn’t hurt either.
10. Those flowers I mentioned earlier? Well, they will need one of these.
11. Place this on your coffee table to instantly brighten the room.
12. And my favorite place for these lovelies? On the window above my kitchen sink. Yep, makes dishwashing that much better (not really, but we can pretend).
I’ll be sharing some photos of my springified home over on instagram throughout the day… be sure to follow along @themotherchic!