Despite the fact that I just did an entire series on dresses, sometimes a girl just wants to wear pants! And even though I would wear jeans every single day of my life if I could, sometimes we have to get a little fancy. Wide leg pants are a super chic dress alternative for those occasions (weddings, fancy dinners, charity events, rehearsal dinners, date night, work etc…) when a dress is a no-brainer, but you want to wear pants! And can you blame a girl? They pretty much feel like pajamas with that whole eye catching, elegant silhouette thing going on. But first, how to wear wide leg pants?
Here are some foolproof tips for styling wide leg pants….
- Balance the volume of the pant legs with a more form fitting top.
- If they are high waisted, tucking is a must to show off that waist-line.
- Stick with neutrals. Wide leg pants are a statement in and of themselves. No need to go overboard with loud hues.
- Opt for a shoe with a heel. A little extra height will make your legs look a mile long with the flattering wide leg silhouette.
- Ideally the pant should hit at your ankle or a few inches higher (not mid-calf, unless they are purposefully cropped). Mine are a touch too long and need to hem them an inch or two (I am 5’4 for reference).
- Wide leg pants are more versatile than you think – dress them down with a basic or graphic tee or dress them up with a silk camisole or blouse.
For the look below I am wearing 1.State from Macy’s. I love this brand because it is slightly fashion forward and my go-to for when I need an elevated look (you can shop the entire 1. State collection here).
More 1. State Wide Leg Options
All 1.State Favorites
Thank you to Macy’s and ShopStyle for partnering on this post.