My family is known for getting together on Sundays for a big family meal. And by big I mean there are usually at least 10 kids, 12 or more adults and depending on the venue, a few dogs. Being around the table on a Sunday night with family is one of my favorite spots. The smell of fresh out of the oven bread, the clinking of wine glasses, the laughter of children (which usually means they are up to no good) and the warm fuzzy feeling you get in your stomach knowing you are surrounded by the people you love… yup, that’s my favorite spot.
The dinner table is where memories are made. And since we spend so much quality time there I like to “fall-ify” my table with a simple centerpiece. I can’t leave Target without getting something for every person in my family and every room in my house so it’s only natural that I found some simple items to decorate my table.
- Start with a table runner to add a pop of print and an inviting color palette.
- Mix in a wood element with this decorative tray (comes in two sizes). Place a boxwood wreath or any garland of your choice around the tray.
- Pop in some autumnal elements: apples, pumpkins, gourds, mums, pinecones, etc to finish the centerpiece.
- Add some string lights to set the mood.
Let’s not stop at just the table though! Here are a few tips and tricks for “fall-ifying” the rest of your home. Because honestly, what’s better than cuddling on the couch with the coziest throws and comfiest pillows… someone to cuddle with <3
- Look for fall leaf colors to inspire your palette: warm reds, golden yellows, and sturdy browns.
- Texture is key: loopy knits, wooly plaids and faux fur accents.
- A outdoor door mat is an easy swap, but adding a little graphic accent to your kitchen is a treat for your feet.
- Bring the outside in with fresh cut flowers, house mums and greenery.
Shop the look and other fall favorites below…