Have some extra candy lying around? If you (or your kids) haven’t inhaled the inventory from your Halloween outings here is a fun way to incorporate some leftovers. This is my grandmother’s recipe so even if you don’t have extra candy lying around it will still be delicious 😉
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup chocolate candy (Reese’s or M&M’s)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat together in a stand mixer the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder until mixed together. Don’t over mix it.
- Add the oatmeal and stir together.
- Finally add the peanut butter m&ms’s and stir to combine.
- Drop the batter by tablespoon onto cookie sheet and bake for about 12 minutes until lightly browned.