I have to admit I’m a creature of comfort when it comes to my makeup routine — no fuss, quick and easy, out the door. But when our team started seeing glossy makeup all over the runway this season, I knew I wanted to test it out! Since I’m not sitting next to Anna Wintour any time soon (although Anna, if you’re reading this, call me) I decided to do a spin on this huge makeup trend that’s acceptable to wear everyday.
Glossy Makeup Tips from Stephanie @Concihairge
- Start with fresh, clean skin, applying either a BB cream or concealer where needed.
- Skip the powder (except underneath the eyes)
- Use pale pinks, peaches, or nudes for the eyelids.
- Complete all steps of your makeup prior to applying the gloss
- Apply gloss (which in this case is a highlighter stick) in 2-3 areas:
- Cheek bone and in a “C” on the outside of eye
- Bridge and tip of nose
- If going for a more dramatic look apply gloss to eyelids.
- Using a makeup sponge, blending brush, or fingers blend the gloss so there are no lines of demarcation. (This is the most important step so you don’t look “streaky”.)
- Finish off your look with a pale pink or peach lip gloss. If making this a nighttime look don’t be afraid of red, but whatever color, just make sure it’s glossy.
Shop more products to help achieve your new, glossy look:
If you try out this look feel free to send in pictures or post and use #themotherchicmakeup !
Written and Make Up by Stephanie Cleck @Concihairge