Staying hydrated is essential to our bodies — easier said than done, right? I know I should be drinking more water everyday but water can be so… boring. Then I was introduced to infused water and I may never go back to plain ol’ water again. On top of being extremely refreshing and tasty, there are a number of natural health benefits to infused water. Here are the 2 kinds we made at TMCHQ recently and a few benefits behind the ingredients.
Strawberry Lemon Basil
Hands down this one was SO delicious and tasted like a warm summer day. I have a feeling I’ll be making plenty of this throughout the summer to get my kids to drink more water too — a true win-win in my book.
- Strawberry – Boosts metabolism, helps to improve your mood and flush toxins from your body.
- Lemon – Helps in detoxing your body, improving your skin, and can even help with weight loss.
- Basil – Anti-inflammatory, improves digestion, helps fight depression, and eases nausea.
Cucumber Lime Mint
This concoction reminded me of a day at the spa. It’s cool, instantly refreshing, and just overall made me feel healthy. This is a great infused water to serve at a luncheon or having the girls over for a little fun, especially for those who may stay away from adult beverages!
- Cucumber – Natural anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Mint – Helps to ease nausea, digestion, and improve oral health (hello, toothpaste!)
- Lime – Healthy for your heart, good for your complexion (thanks to Vitamin C), and boosts your immune system. Does that mean I should also consume more margaritas?
Shop drink dispensers below to get your infusion on…
Let us know if you end up making one (or both!) of these, or if you end up creating your own delicious recipe. Mix it up, get crazy, have fun and remember to stay hydrated!