Reader Question: Wondering if you could help a clueless girl out? I consider myself pretty fashionable, but I’m traveling to Europe for the first time ever in my life in April (Paris). Suddenly, I feel super insecure about my fashion sense traveling to the fashion capital of the world! I want to look cute, yet be comfortable. What to pack for Paris?!
Answer: Paris. Okay, okay! When thinking about what to pack to Paris, I had two initial thought 1) Classic and chic or 2) Wear anything and everything you want because no one knows you and it’s PARIS. But because the idea of packing for an overseas trip gives me a little case of the nerves (how many suitcases am I allowed???) I decided to go with classic and chic. A suitcase filled with classic staples and some chic options to mix it up. Lots of layering options is also a must to take your look from sunny days to chillier nights.
Click image to shop!
1) Besides the obvious, favorite jeans, and leggings, I would also pack a pair of black pants. Nothing fancy, just good to have if you feel like you need a step up from jeans and want to wear pants. When all else fails, you can never go wrong with black! Pair them with a white button down or basic layering tee’s. Could have fun here and do a graphic band tee or can’t go wrong with stripes. All of these look great on their own but will also work with some items I’ve linked below.
2) Can’t go wrong with a lightweight trench coat, you will look pulled together if you have this on over a tee shirt and jeans and cute sneakers or flats.
3) This dress doesn’t look like much but it packs a punch I would definitely unbutton a few of the buttons and layer some necklaces. Depending on her style throw a denim jacket over it if needed and some cute sneakers (P448 or Vintage Havana for day. This would also be great at night on its own or leather jacket and heels. I’ve thrown a chunky sweater over it too. So many different ways to wear this type of dress.
5) Shoes….how many is too many?? Obvi sneakers like mentioned above, but love these chic mules and so versatile (these also come in leopard) and a sneaker versions could work too. Adding a bootie as an option (comes in multiple colors). And the weather could be super warm and in which case a sandal could work.
7) I also love flowy skirt for a pant alternative. J.Crew has this one and comes in a few colors. Love the idea of this with a tee and jean jacket or sweater that she can take off if warm, tie around the waist (so cute), Sneakers or slides or a heel at night. This skirt also works with a black or white tank, bodysuit and leather jacket for night.
And that’s all I’ve got. Besides, I’m jealous already.
Shop the What to Pack for Paris Edit Below: