Finally! My sister Liz broke out the air fryer. Because there is truly no better time to be testing out new kitchen equipment. The air fryer can be an overwhelming piece of equipment, but once you start using it the recipes are endless. And there is no easier recipe (and more delicious) than Air Fryer Donuts! These super flaky donuts come out piping hot, just like at a bakery. The kids love to customize their own with glaze and decorating with sprinkles.
- 16 oz refrigerated flaky biscuits (see can in picture)
- coconut oil spray
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Remove the biscuits from the can and separate them. Use a 1-inch round biscuit cutter to cut the center out of each biscuit.
- Lightly spray each donut with the coconut oil spray.
- Preheat the air fryer to 330. Place two or three donuts in the air fryer in a single layer and you don’t want them to touch. Cook at 330 for 5 minutes. (Every air fryer is different so you may need to flip them over and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side. )
- While the donuts are cooking, make the glaze. Melt the butter in a small dish. Stir in the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract then mix until smooth.
- Once the donuts are done cooking, top with the glaze and sprinkles. Repeat the process with the rest of the biscuits and then do all the donuts holes together. Enjoy right away!