This recipe is way over due! Mostly because peach season is almost over, but also because this recipe is so delicious. Fruit and cheese happen to go together wonderfully – and the perfect addition to a grilled peach salad is a creamy burrata cheese. If you haven’t tried or heard of burrata it is similar to mozzarella, but even better! It has a soft and creamy inside that oozes with flavor. The sweet and smokiness of the peach, paired with the soft flavor of the burrata, dashed with a touch of vinegar makes this dish shine.
- 3-4 Peaches cut into wedges
- 1 red onion sliced into thick slices
- Lettuce – recommend using a spring mix
- Burrata Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Vinegar – balsamic or champagne
- Fire up the grill to medium heat
- Slice the peaches into wedges and cover lightly with olive oil
- Slice the onion into 1/2″ slices and cover lightly with olive oil
- Place the peaches and onion into a grill basket – cook until they start to slightly carmelize
- Place lettuce a platter and break apart the burrata.
- Add the peach and onion
- Finish with a dash of olive oil, vinegar and salt/pepper to taste.