Ok, my quinoa obsession is officially a thing. I’ve made risotto and turkey bowls and now I have moved on to Pesto Quinoa! The thing about quinoa is that it is such a great source of protein and fiber. It makes a great side dish or full on meal! By adding a summer staple like corn this dish gets a subtle sweet note against the garlicky pesto. Since corn is at the height of its season this is the perfect recipe to make now! Although I am already thinking of how I can add fall veggies into this dish as well. I recently made for a family meal and the amount of compliments I got was well beyond my expectations.
Quinoa Pesto Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup of fresh pesto, homemade or store bought
- salt and pepper, to taste
- basil to garnish
- Cook quinoa according to package.
- Toast the pine nuts so they are lightly browned in a sauté pan or the oven. Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- Mix the cooked quinoa with pesto, freshly cut corn and pine nuts.
- Add in a pinch of salt and pepper. Enjoy room temperature or cold.
- Can be served over a bed of lettuce for a light meal or make a great side dish to fish or chicken.