Thank you to ELEMIS and ShopStyle for sponsoring this post.
You know the things you do on a daily basis that leave you feeling uneasy if you don’t check them off your list? Brushing your teeth, putting on deodorant, applying mascara, flossing, etc… I do all of those things religiously and exfoliating my face every single day is another thing on my can’t-go-to-bed-without-doing list. Why is exfoliating your face so important, you ask? Here are 5 reasons….
- Exfoliation removes dead skin cells that build up to reveal more radiant skin (you will see this immediately).
- Exfoliation unclogs pores by getting dirt/makeup that your cleanser missed. Cleaning your pores helps to reduce breakouts and pore size.
- Exfoliation evens skin texture and tone by sloughing away dead skin. This also helps with evening out discoloration.
- Exfoliation helps with product absorption. If you are going to spend a pretty penny on skincare products, you are going to want to make sure they can penetrate your skin. Dead skin causes a barrier, but exfoliation helps to remove that barrier so products are better absorbed.
- Exfoliation helps minimize signs of aging (translation: fine lines) by promoting cell turnover that slows with age.
The list really goes on and on, but the key to exfoliating EVERY day is to find an exfoliant that is designed for everyday use. Some exfoliants can be harsh on your skin and should be used very sparingly to avoid irritation and dryness. The ELEMIS Dynamic Resurfacing Facial Pads are gentle enough that they can be used both morning and night. They are formulated with a Lactic Acid and Probiotic Ferment Complex that has been proven in clinical trials to accelerate skin’s natural cell turnover in 28 days. I am so excited to share that ELEMIS is extending a 20% discount to all Motherchic readers with code LINDSEY20.
Shop the Dynamic Resurfacing Pads HERE and use code LINDSEY20
I typically use them only at night after washing my face. They really help to remove anything the cleanser may have missed and preps my skin for the nighttime products I use next (this retinol alternative and this night cream to be exact).
If you are new to exfoliants, slowly build to everyday use, but I know you will see a difference in the radiance of your skin!
Shop more Elemis favorites below!