The hotel is booked, the plane tickets purchased, and the suitcase is, well, empty. You may have booked your dream vacation, but what is a girl to wear! I like to stick to a few packing rules no matter the length or destination of your trip. First rule, pick a color theme. Second rule, comfort is key. Third rule, don’t break in your shoes on vacation. Whether you are off to London, Paris or Rome here are a few key items to bring with you…
- 2 Jackets/Outwear
- 2 Dresses
- Long Sleeve Mini – This dress is easy and breezy. I love that the black can be dressed up with sandals or dressed down with sneakers.
- Maxi Dress – Another easy dress is the maxi dress. If you are looking to add some print this may be the place do it. A statement maxi is a great one and done look for vacation.
- 2 Pants
- Dark Denim – A clean pair of dark denim is perfect for a day of sightseeing. I would recommend taking a pair that is more rigid and that doesn’t stretch to much during the day.
- White Denim – I know white can be tricky on vacation, so try to stay away from eating red sauce when wearing. If you aren’t into white denim, try a pair of joggers as another pant option.
- 3 Tops
- 2 Basic Tees – I am in love with these tees and I always feel like a simple tee is necessary when packing.
- Pair of Shorts – If you are going on a more casual or beach vacation I may swap these out for denim, but I wanted to add a print to create some texture in the packing wardrobe.
- Midi Skirt – I love this skirt as another bottoms option and the pretty print helps to lighten the mood.
- Dressy Sandal – While these gold sandals are very pretty they are also very comfortable.
- Casual Sandal – I am partial to Birkenstocks when traveling, but these also looked very supportive.
- Sneakers – These sneakers kept coming up when I was researching for this post. I love that they are a little dressy but again very comfortable.
- Pajamas – A matching set is easy to pack for vacation and this one feels appropriate to walk down the hall to get ice.
- Undergarments – This bra is on constant repeat and I will most likely bring a few in my bag!
Here are a few ways to mix and match this packing list for endless outfitting ideas!