Thank you to Nordstrom and ShopStyle Collective for sponsoring this post.
I love when I get reader questions about what to pack for a tropical vacation, destination wedding, or a kid-free fiesta! My first question is always the same, “Can I come?” While I get joy from helping you pack your bags, I also get joy from sitting by the pool sipping a Mai Tai – who is with me? I was lucky enough to grab a few days away recently and took full advantage of the sun and sand. It was also the perfect opportunity to practice my packing skills. Nordstrom has always been my one-stop-shop for preparing for a trip to the tropics. I love that they even have a “vacation” section that has a curated edit of everything from swimsuits to sandals to sunglasses to suitcases. One of my favorite Nordstrom perks is to buy online and pick up in store if an impromptu getaway pops up. What? It could happen….
This Farm Rio dress inspired my entire vacation wardrobe. I love finding a statement piece and pulling colors form that item to influence what else I pack. Sticking with the bright pinks and oranges, I put together a weeks worth of outfits for your next trip.
Shop the Look
- 2 Dresses
- Hat // A hat that is actually packable, check!
- Sunglasses // Quay sunglasses are a favorite and this off white pair is calling my name.
- Statement Earring // A colorful earring can bring a basic outfit to life and also compliments the prints in the packing list.
- Cuff Bracelet // I have had this cuff for years and I love the pop of gold it adds to an outfit.
- Straw Bag // A bag big enough to hold all the books I am going to read 😉
- 2 Pants
- 2 Cover Ups
- 2 Swimsuits
- 2 Basic Tanks/Tees
- 2 Bottoms
- Honey Dew Pajama Set // I always bring a pajama set on vacation with me and this one is super comfy.
- Undergarments // These covers are great for those tricky dresses.
Shop the Packing List