Thank you to Nordstrom and ShopStyle Collective for sponsoring this post.
I love when I get reader questions about what to pack for a tropical vacation, destination wedding, or a kid-free fiesta! My first question is always the same, “Can I come?” While I get joy from helping you pack your bags, I also get joy from sitting by the pool sipping a Mai Tai – who is with me? I was lucky enough to grab a few days away recently and took full advantage of the sun and sand. It was also the perfect opportunity to practice my packing skills. Nordstrom has always been my one-stop-shop for preparing for a trip to the tropics. I love that they even have a “vacation” section that has a curated edit of everything from swimsuits to sandals to sunglasses to suitcases. One of my favorite Nordstrom perks is to buy online and pick up in store if an impromptu getaway pops up. What? It could happen….
This Farm Rio dress inspired my entire vacation wardrobe. I love finding a statement piece and pulling colors form that item to influence what else I pack. Sticking with the bright pinks and oranges, I put together a weeks worth of outfits for your next trip.
Shop the Look
Farm Rio Dress (size up, runs small) | Dolce Vita Heels | Michele Watchband | Quay Sunglasses
- 2 Dresses
- Farm Rio Dress // This dress was my narrator piece for the whole wardrobe. I love the vibrant print and bold colors.
- Free People Dress // If you are sans kids, then a white dress is definitely in order! This was is so breezy it feels like pajamas.
- Hat // A hat that is actually packable, check!
- Sunglasses // Quay sunglasses are a favorite and this off white pair is calling my name.
- Statement Earring // A colorful earring can bring a basic outfit to life and also compliments the prints in the packing list.
- Cuff Bracelet // I have had this cuff for years and I love the pop of gold it adds to an outfit.
- Straw Bag // A bag big enough to hold all the books I am going to read 😉
- 2 Pants
- Mother Jeans // Because when will you have the chance to wear your orange jeans again?
- Bella Dahl Joggers // It is going to be hard to choose a color in these joggers and even harder to not wear them everyday.
- 2 Cover Ups
- Open Edit Crochet Dress //
- Vitamin A Stripe Shirt // I like bringing a long sleeved cover-up for some extra sun protection.
- 2 Swimsuits
- Sea Level Printed 1 Piece // Even if I am not chasing after my kids I still love a swimsuit that I don’t have to worry about crazy cut-outs or too cheeky bottoms.
- Solid Bikini Top & Bottom // I love this textural solid bikini, but also love that it has great coverage and support.
- 2 Basic Tanks/Tees
- Treasure & Bond High Neck Tank // A high neck tank is a summer staple and this one you can wear a regular bra with.
- Treasure & Bond Racerback Tank // You are going to want to buy this tank in multiples – I love the longer length and the pretty neckline.
- 2 Bottoms
- Stellah Printed Skirt // This flirty printed skirt is great for dinner on the beach, but also can double as a cute cover-up.
- Agolde Denim Shorts // These shorts have a great slouchy fit and pair well with fish tacos.
- Honey Dew Pajama Set // I always bring a pajama set on vacation with me and this one is super comfy.
- Undergarments // These covers are great for those tricky dresses.
- Dolce Vita Neutral Sneaker// Perfect for travel and also exploring your destination.
- Sorel Sandal// These sandals just took comfort up a notch.
- Dolce Vita Wedge// A wedge is perfect for a little height and a lot of comfort.
Shop the Packing List
MeganFebruary 24, 2023 at 10:40 am
Any recommendation for similar joggers without the bulky pockets?